And the last report at Q2 is our Budget. In short what was going on in our lives this quarter. Most importantly our newest add-on to the family is growing well. There were lotst of stress in the first quarter, but now everything is more settle. My wife gained +10 kg. which is 1/4 (!) of her as she was only 40 kg before 🙂 She is doing very well now, i’m very proud of her. Last Friday she had her last day at work and now we are on vacation in one small town near the seaside called Šventoji. It’s raining for few days now, but should be better weather afterwards, but hey the weather is not the most important thing right now. Most important is to relax and enjoy our vacation before the big day at October 🙂
Ou yes… what about budget? Well not much. As mentioned in 2018 Q2 dividends we collected nice 234 EUR this quarter, which was slightly -11% lower if compared to 2017Q2 dividend income. On the other hand our total income reached 5,7 kEUR and was a record income level for quarter with no annual bonuses or +4% compared to 5,5 kEUR in 2017Q2. My salary was 3,7 kEUR compared to 3,5 kEUR, +0,2kEUR thank you raise. Wife received 1,7 kEUR compared to 1,5 kEUR year before, also a nice +0,2kEUR. This year we did not received tax refund, on contrary we had to pay to our state a little bit but hey taxes and death two unawoidable things in life 🙂
On the cost side it was just slightly above our target of 4,5 kEUR and totaled to 4,9 kEUR. So were did we spend most of our money:
- 1,6 kEUR or almost 1/3 of our expenses was on food. This was a record quarter spent on food, but I guess its a normal thing as we were not saving here due to our newcomer 😉 Also I’m spending lots of money eating out at my work. I guess this is the spot were we can save some money. Average spending is 37% in my country so we are no different from the rest.
- 0,6 kEUR or 13% was mortgage loan payment. In comparison to our income mortgage payment was just 11% which is weeeel above max. level of 40%. I’m very happy with this level as we can allocate our spending elseware 🙂
- 0,5 kEUR or 9% was spent on transport. Also another good level of spending as most of people do spend more then 1/10 of their income on cars. We are thinking about buying a new car as old one is 16y old and falling apart, literally 🙂 I’m planing to set aside 100 EUR/mo for leasing payments. Presend fuel and repair cost should decrease slightly so the growth will not be that big.
- 0,4 kEUR or 8% went for Utilities. As it is warm season payments are slightly lower. On average we pay 0.45 kEUR, which I find also ok. In total our spending on home is ~1 kEUR or 21%. Average spending in our country is 16%, so our spending is a bit higher, but since only ~20% has mortgage loans I find this number ok.
- 0,2 kEUR was spend on clothes.
- 0,2 kEUR on home repair. We bought a new wardrobe for our baby room. Next quarter there will be lost of cost here.
- Then there was ~1,4 kEUR classified as other. Here we had quite lot of expenses on healthcare for various medicine, vitamins, scans ect.
And the most important part – difference between income and expenses. This quarter it was +774 EUR or 14% of our income. This is almost in line with our Goal #2 – save 15% of our income. Average Y2018 saving rate is at 16% and so far is in line with the goal. Next quarter will be high on spending as usual as holiday expenses will kick in and also repair of kitchen will add up as well. Either way we are already above last years saving level of 1.9 kEUR so all we have to do is not spend more then we earn next half year and improvement will be achieved.