June has just ended so we can calculate our dividends for 2017 Q2. Have to say this was a very dividend rich quarter with dividend income of almost 263 EUR as most of Baltic companies paid their annual dividends during this quarter. Compared to year before 218 EUR dividend income increase just +20%, but more dividends should be at other quarters so total dividend income should increase.
Total dividend income 263 EUR:
- 70,6 EUR (58,2 EUR Δ+21%) – Tallinna Kaubamaja my biggest dividend payer and I should say my most successful dividend investment with impressive +21% dividend increase from 0,52 EUR to 0,63 EUR/share. Another good thing is that company managed to increase their dividends for the 3rd year in a row from flat 0.35 EUR in Y2012-2014. This investment yield is closing to 10% from purchase price.
- 62,5 EUR (76,5 EUR Δ-18%) – Olympic Entertainment my second biggest dividend payer and my biggest disappointment 😦 Company paid flat 0.1 EUR dividends and for the first time increased it to 0.15 EUR last year, but this year decreased it back to 0.1 EUR again. Of course some issues in Poland and latest in Latvia slow down companies growth, but with huge cash reserves and more cash accumulated after sale of hotel in Tallinn at least same 0.15 EUR dividends would be nice. Anyway I still see L/T perspective in this company and actually bought some more shares after its price decline bellow 1.8 EUR. Sadly price wend even bellow 1.7 EUR. I don’t like this ad-hawk dividend policies. This is why I turned my attention toward US stocks. On the other hand 0.1 EUR dividends still represents nice 5% dividend yield after tax so I keep my L/T faith in the company and continue to hold it.
- 34,4 EUR – ESO another dividend payer that I’m happy with. Lithuanian electricity grid company paying semi-annual dividends and quite good ones with YOC standing at nice 7,7%. Hope that they will pay stable dividends in the future, but sadly this is not guaranteed.
- 28,6 EUR – Tallinna Vesi. One good comapny and one bad, this is how it works. Estonian water service company who cut their dividends from 0.9 EUR to 0.54 EUR due to litigation with Estonia regarding water tariffs.
- 27 EUR – Harju Electrics divested part of this company as share price went up and yield declined so I took the profit and reinvested into other companies. YOC stands at nice 5.9%
- 9,06 EUR – Klaipėdos nafta
- 8,61 EUR – Merko Ehitus
- 8,5 EUR – Vilkyškių pieninė
- 7,3 EUR – Apranga
- 3,2 EUR – Intel
- 2,9 EUR – Jonson and Jonson my first US stock increase. Company increased their dividends by +5% from 0.8 USD to 0.84 USD increasing my YOC from 1.9% to 2.0% (after tax).
So our dividend income in 2017 1 half-year is 282 EUR. Some more are coming and US companies pay stable quarter dividends so the income will become more stable. Next quarter more dividends from US stocks will join slowly rolling that snowball 🙂